Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Intense Conversation

The other day, while I was in one of my classes, I got into this intense conversation with a friend of mine. She asked me about my beliefs, and I summarized the basics to her, how I believe in one God and the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) was the last amongst them, how Muslims have to pray 5 times a day, but I forgot to mention Zakat & the pilgrimages to Makkah .. she already knew about fasting, then I asked her about her beliefs and she didn’t really know what to say.
She said to me that she believes in God and that God is everywhere. She's always singing songs about Jesus (gospel), but when I asked her if she believed Jesus to be god, she said no…(lol…funny stuff)
She didn’t know what to believe actually, she was pretty much lost. This girl that was listing to our conversation comes over and starts talking to us about religion too. She told me she was an atheist. When I asked her why, she said god was never there for her in her time of need, so god “must” be a fictional character, only to make people feel better about them selves. I was so surprised. I don’t remember what I said to her, all I remember is the teacher staring at me…
After a while, we suddenly started talking about why I was against homosexuality…..it was so disturbing talking about things like that. Then I told her that, the only reason why I was against it, is because my religion doesn’t allow it. Then she asked me “So…would you ever do anything to stop 'it' ?” I told her that even if I could…who would listen, right? Then she looked at me and said “good, I was hoping you weren’t one of those “anti homosexual people”. I had this puzzled look on my face, and then she told me that these 2 girls in one of our classes was “one of them”…and I’m like “say whaaat?? "
I really wanted to stop talking about it, and then she gets closer to me, as if whispering,
"I don’t mind people like that…I guess they’re just born like that, huh? ummmm…although I have a boyfriend, sometimes I get attracted to girls…but not to the extent that I would actually go out with one, hahaha”
I was horrified and my friend was staring at me and I’m staring back and I was like
“ hold up/hold up /hold UP ….what in heck just happened?”
I walked backwards really slowly, and said that I better get back to work…
That was one of “the most uncomfortable” moments I had ever gone through…
I can’t even look at that girl the same way I used to…
man they should ban that kind of stuff ….its just nasty, its sickening :/
Then when I was walking out of that class, the teacher looked at me with the biggest smile ever and said “wow…that was a pretty interesting conversation you had there…”
I laughed and walked out of class feeling like that whole conversation was pointless.... I didn’t even get my point across to that girl! I thought of so many things I could tell her.. but after it already happened!…I always do that, I always think of the best things to say AFTER it happened, so its no use. I also really don’t want to have to talk about “that” again.
Hopefully someone will set her straight.
All I gotta say is “Thank God for Islam” :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home